Fwd: Allan variance

Paul Cazottes paul.cazottes at gadz.org
Tue Jun 14 20:02:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

I would like to make a Allan varian script. This tool was first designed for
time reference, and is becoming a de-facto standard to show the performance of
inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyrometers).

We now can find scripts for Matlab as contribution, but I was not able to find
it for scilab. I made one and would like to bring it to scilab, with full help
etc etc.

Is it possible for scilab devs to explain me:
- how to make an optionnal argument in the syntax? Presently I would like to
have a  syntax as AllanM(X,st,Npoints) where Npoints is optionnal and defaults
to 100.
- write a help file? I didn't find an official tutorial in scilab.org
- parallelize? The for loop is fully parallelizable. The Allan variance is
simple to calculate yet CPU intensive on large sets. Maybe parrallelization is
more for Scilab 6?

I would greatly appreciate helt on these points. Thanks for scilab devs to
bring this product to everybody!

Paul Cazottes

-
paul.cazottes at gadz.org