Compiling Scilab in Scientific Linux 6

Lerato Jeffrey Mohapi leratojeffrey.mohapi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:39:25 CET 2011

Hi,

I am using SL 6 and can't successfully compile scilab 5.3.1. After
running the Configure script successfully, i ran make and get the
following error:

~/scilab-5.3.1/modules/output_stream/.libs/libscioutput_stream.so:
undefined reference to `floor_'
~/scilab-5.3.1/modules/polynomials/.libs/libscipolynomials.so:
undefined reference to `huge_'
~/scilab-5.3.1/modules/polynomials/.libs/libscipolynomials.so:
undefined reference to `tiny_'
~/scilab-5.3.1/modules/polynomials/.libs/libscipolynomials.so:
undefined reference to `radix_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [scilab-bin] Error

I am new to Scilab and I need to use the source package not the binary
one. Please help me remove this error. Obviously it had something to
do with math library and I googled and found that I had to add -lm in
the Makefile which was already there. i cant figure out what wrong now
and really need your help.

Best Regards.
--
Lerato J Mohapi