[Scilab-Dev] Re: graphics engine development (was: graphics API help)

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Oct 19 08:43:39 CEST 2011

Le mardi 18 octobre 2011 à 17:35 -0200, Ricardo Fabbri a écrit :
> Hi, Sylvestre,
>
> That's nice that most of the team is in the same place, and that
> bugzilla is being heavily used for discussion (sounds like mozilla),
> but also that you are willing to see some discussions going on in this
> list. It reminds me of the time when people suggested to have scilab
> conferences. That's a good way to take part in important face-to-face
> discussions. Perhaps we could organize one in Brazil..? just something
> to keep in mind..
We are organizing every year a conference called ScilabTEC:
http://www.scilab.org/news/events/20110502
http://www.scilab.org/news/events/2010/20100719

There are also some conferences organized in other countries like India
or China.

> The contributions I look forward to are mainly those that affect users
> of the image processing toolboxes, including SIP.  Starting with the
> features that I also need for myself.
It is usually the best way to go ;)

> As for concrete steps: I would like to start off playing with the
> graphics branch to test and improve image-related things. Then I could
> also try to improve the graphics UI part, to make plots more
> interactive with data (clicking + deleting a curve, clicking +
> obtaining data from a curve, etc).
Working on this would be really great. AFAIK, we haven't planned this
for Scilab 5.4. We would have to find the best way to go technically and
functionally! :)
Great idea by the way!