nth root computation

François Dubeau Francois.Dubeau at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Apr 4 16:22:14 CEST 2012

Dear Adeline Carnis,

You sent a message concerning the development of
nth root routine for SciLab. Let me mention two
papers concerning this problem. I hope you will
find them interresting.

"nth root extraction : double iteration process and Newton's method",
Journal of Computational and Applied mathematics, 91 (1998), 191-198

"Newton's method and high-order algorithms for the n-th root computation",
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 224 (2009), 66-76.

Best regards,

FD

: François Dubeau :
: Professeur titulaire :
: Département de mathématiques, Faculté des sciences :
: Université de Sherbrooke, 2500 Boul. Université :
: Sherbrooke (Qc), Canada, J1K2R1 :
: Bureau : D3-1035 :