Jhdf5 problem on MacOs

Adela Neacsu adela.neacsu at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Jul 4 13:00:05 CEST 2012

Hello,
I recently installed Scilab on my MacOsX Snow Leopard(10.6). For that I used
the sources and the prerequirements from here :
http://www.scilab.org/communities/developer_zone/scilab_versions/stable/stable2
When trying to run the SCI/bin/scilab, I ran into the following error :
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libhdf5.7.dylib, so I used MacPorts
to install hdf5. That caused other errors, so I uninstalled it, and
installed hdf5-18, which is a more recent version. Now I can't seem to pass
this error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jhdf5 in java.library.path . I googled it
and found out that I should modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH(which now points to
opt/local/lib, where MacPorts made the installation) and the CLASSPATH
(which now points to the thirdparty directory from my scilab sources
directory, where the jhdf5.jar is) . Even after doing these modifications,
it does not work.
Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks,
Adela