Cannot understand this behavior

Sumeet sumeetsk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:24:20 CEST 2012

I'm working on http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/dspblock/

When I execute the line

toolbox_dir = get_absolute_file_path("builder.sce")

on the Scilab workspace, I get the following error:

                                                 !--error 999
get_absolute_file_path: The file builder.sce is not opened in scilab.

However, the same line is present in the file
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/dspblock/source/tree/master/builder.sce,
and exec builder.sce runs fine without generating any errors. Why do I not
get the same error when I run exec bulider.sce?

I tried writing my own demos.sce, and when I use get_absolute_file_path, I
get the same error
get_absolute_file_path: The file demos.sce is not opened in scilab.

What is going on?