path to jhdf5

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Wed Jun 27 14:44:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am running the latest git version on Mac OS X 10.7 and have the following annoying problem. Scilab combiles and runs fin, as long as I start it from within the git source tree, by executing "bin/scilab" from the terminal. However, if I do a "sudo make install", it wont run anymore, but instead ends up with the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jhdf5 in java.library.path
	at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.loadH5Lib(H5.java:289)
	at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.<clinit>(H5.java:225)
	at org.scilab.modules.hdf5.jhdf5load.forceLoad(Unknown Source)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'GiwsException::JniCallMethodException'
  what():  Exception when calling Java method : ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.H5dont_atexit()I
 at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.H5dont_atexit(Native Method)
 at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.loadH5Lib(H5.java:302)
 at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.<clinit>(H5.java:225)
 at org.scilab.modules.hdf5.jhdf5load.forceLoad(Unknown Source)
ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.H5dont_atexit()I
 at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.H5dont_atexit(Native Method)
 at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.loadH5Lib(H5.java:302)
 at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.<clinit>(H5.java:225)
 at org.scilab.modules.hdf5.jhdf5load.forceLoad(Unknown Source)

Do I need to do anything special with hdf and java to make this work? I have checked out all the thirdparty dependencies in a folder named thirdparty in the scilab tree, and I can see jhdf5.jar in there. Does this file need to go somewhere else too?

Best regards,
Arvid