[Scilab-Dev] Fortran question

Jean-Pierre Dussault Jean-Pierre.Dussault at Usherbrooke.CA
Fri Aug 9 06:22:47 CEST 2013

Hi!

I struggle to interface L-BFGS-B, an optimization solver written in FORTRAN.

Here is my builder

    // builder code for LBFGSB
    // functions to be added to the call table
    link_name = ['setulb'];
    flag  = "f";         //  is a FORTRAN functions
    files = ['LBFGSB.f' ];   // objects files for LBFGSB
    // the next call generates files (Makelib,loader.sce) used
    // for compiling and loading LBFGSB and performs the compilation
    libs = "";
    ilib_for_link(link_name,files,libs,flag,'','loaderL.sce');

The loader complains libsetulb.so: undefined symbol: s_wsle

To get this symbol, all I found is to use /usr/lib/libf2c.so (I change
the libs variable to libs = "/usr/lib/libf2c";
  but then, the loader complains

    /usr/lib/libf2c.so: undefined symbol: MAIN__

So I am stuck.

I wonder, the supported compilers states

    On GNU/Linux, GNU compilers (gcc, g++ and gfortran) are packaged in
    all distributions.

and I have gfortran but need to install libf2c to get s_wsle...

Thank you,

JPD