[Scilab-Dev] Scilab/SCIAO

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Mar 8 16:47:04 CET 2013

Hi,

about the

I have requested Scilab 4.0 but it comes in linux and I can not get the
windows version. Probably some else have the windows XP version  and pass to
me.

you already had your response in a separate way: you asked for sources,
and received sources. You now have the binary windows version.
About the sciAO: you submitted to ATOMS the binary of the module,
packaged by the developer I'm assuming. This is clearly not the correct
way to do. ATOMS is there to have modules respecting the
toolbox_skeleton architecture, so that we can try and compile them, and
upload binary version afterwards if it works.
What you can do to make it work is download the ATOMS part ( here
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/sciao/files/sciao/source/>), then make
it look a little more like the toolbox_skeleton (present in your scilab
directory, and following recommendations here
<http://wiki.scilab.org/ATOMS> and there
<http://wiki.scilab.org/Guidelines%20To%20Design%20a%20Module>) and try
to execute, into scilab, the builder file, then the loader file if the
builder worked.
We will certainly have a hard time helping you if the info you give is
"it gives a MS error". Could you please develop? What error is it? How
did you install it?

Simon

On 03/08/2013 02:24 PM, luisacevedo wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I have found a very useful Optical tool, link as follows
> http://sciao.sourceforge.net/#authors
> When you install it under SCilab 5.4 32 or 64 bits , it gives a MS error and
> the library does not appear in XCOS.
>
> Please is there anyone to try out this and give me some directions?
>
> I have requested Scilab 4.0 but it comes in linux and I can not get the
> windows version. Probably some else have the windows XP version  and pass to
> me.
>
> Thanks
> Waiting for your replies
>
> Luis

Simon Gareste
Support & Development Engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.70
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com