[Scilab-Dev] xrpoly: drawing of many polygons of the same type

Станислав krotersv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 11:12:06 CEST 2013

30.03.2013 08:14, Samuel Gougeon пишет:
> Hi Stanislav,
>
> Le 20/03/2013 13:55, Stanislav a écrit :
>> SEP_088_xrpoly.odt
>> <http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4026306/SEP_088_xrpoly.odt>
> This vectoriation is a good idea! I agree that implementing it in the
> same function
> as for only one polygon is much preferable, w.r.t. coding a specific
> xrpoly*s*()
> function as it has been done for most of other functions plotting
> geometrical
> shapes : xrect > xrects, etc..

I didn't know about such division and I don't understand why it has been
done. If I want to plot n rectangles what  function should I use?
xrects? Even if n = 1?
> Since a SEP is running, here are some ideas of other possible developments
> for new  features:
> - why not *vectorizing also n, r and theta*? (with default = scalar)
It is a good idea and it is very simple to implement.
> - *filling = filling_color* (optional): to fill the polygon(s) with
> respective
>     colors (vector of indices in the color_map).
>     a color<0 means that the line (border) must not be plotted.
> - *symbol=[symbol_numbers, symbol_sizes]*: to put a symbol on the angles
>   (the same on all angles, but may be different from a polygon to
> another one
>   => vectorized = mx2 matrix).
> - *isoview=%t* option, to force the targetted axes to be isometric to
> show
>    a truly regular polygonal (see the present mis-shaped sample in
> help xrpoly)
I am not sure that it is a good idea. This function use the axes scale
and I am not sure that user want to have isometric axes. Besides,
backward compatibility can be damaged. But it can be done in separate
function. And in one year somebody will ask: "I am newbie and I didn't
know about such division and I don't understand why it has been done." :-)
> - *showAll=%t* option: => enlarge axes bounds up to the external
> bounds of
>    generated polygons
> - returning the *vector of created handles*
I don't understand what "returning the *vector of created handles*" is for?