[Scilab-Dev] Scilab and shebang

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Sun Nov 17 23:29:18 CET 2013

Hello everybody,

I have been using scilab for several years now and I wanted to propose
an enhancement: it would be really cool to be able to execute scilab
scripts on the terminal (like it is possible in python, octave, etc.).
Note that this grew out of my needs so it's not just "this feature seems
cool, let's add it".

I'm not an expert but I don't think this is possible right now. Most of
you probably knows the shebang mechanism under UNIX so I was wondering
if this is a possible way to add this feature (maybe for some reason it
is impossible). Just out of curiosity I have cloned the scilab 5
repositories but I couldn't find a place to start modifying it.

Anyway, I have written a SEP (according to the current counter, this
could become SEP 71) but I don't know how to submit it. Do I have to
send it to this ML?

Mathieu