[Scilab-Dev] [SOCIS] Automatic layout in Xcos

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed May 7 14:21:03 CEST 2014

Hello Krzysztof,

Le mardi 06 mai 2014 à 01:15 -0700, krzysiekm13 a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> My name is Krzysztof. I'm highly interested in participating in SOCIS 2014
> for Scilab. I would like to work on project regarding automatic layout in
> Xcos which I find extremely interesting.
>
> Is this project suitable for SOCIS and do you have any tips or additional
> informations regarding this project idea?
>
> Regards,
> Krzysztof

Yes it is applicable for SOCIS however your proposal should be clear
about what's expected at the end of SOCIS. Having a running prototype
might also be a good point.

For the routing algorithm, a traditional A* might be sufficient. The
main problem here is that control-flow and data-flow routing might
different. Another important point is that the algorithm should be able
to provide fast partial results (eg. not perfect routing) and then
iterate to provide a more and more suitable routing.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/marid might be a good example but we
cannot re-use it easily as Xcos use JGraphX as a graph component but you
may got the idea :) .

Regards,

--
Clément