[Scilab-Dev] [Gsoc] Microchip and TI's MCU support for xcos

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Oct 20 10:19:28 CEST 2014

Hello,

The current Xcos code generator will generate both a native block and a
main function with the same schedule as the simulation. To take a look
at this big piece of Scilab code, edit do_compile_superblock42 .

To link to a program, you can compile the generated code and the
simulation function from Scilab source code
(SCI/modules/scicos_blocks/src/c).

To easily target a specific hardware you have perform the integration of
the code to the hardware manually :

 * to map inputs / outputs to generated ones, see the generated code.
 * to setup a task on your embedded OS or code a startup loop
   * calling the generated integrator each N time step, corresponding to
the diagram
   * update I/O

For people working on the subject and as far as I know :

 * X2C use a different approach and only map a set of block from their
own block library.
   http://www.mechatronic-simulation.org/

 * Geneauto map a set of blocks based on the Scicos library and use a
their own scheduler and code generator
   http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/geneauto-p

 * Equalis forked Geneauto and add specific Michochip's blocks to ease
I/O mapping

 * Evidence has developed E4Coder based on the do_compile_superblock42
approach but does not support Xcos.

 * And of course, at Scilab Enterprises, we are working on the subject
and will be happy to apply patches to do_compile_superblock42.

Regards,

--
Clément