[Scilab-Dev] 64-bit build oddness

Crispin Boylan cris at beebgames.com
Thu Aug 27 00:43:54 CEST 2015

sure, I have attached.

i have tried builds with -fno-stack-protector, -fstack-protector and
-fstack-protector-all  - all give the same result.

one thing i did to was write a little test fortran program that does the
same as number_properties('denorm') ie:

program hell

c     EXTERNAL FUNCTIONS
       double precision dlamch
       external         dlamch

          if (dlamch('u') / dlamch('b') .gt. 0.d0) then
             print *, "denorm"
          else
             print *, "dang this thing is borked"
          endif
end

gfortran hell.f -llapack

prints denorm on the simple test case, and if i stick the same trace in
sci_f_number_properties.f i get "dang this thing is borked", despite
dlamch('u') and dlamch('b') returning the same thing in both cases........

thanks
cris.