[Scilab-Dev] Release Scilab 6.0.0 alpha 2

antoine.monmayrant+scilab at laas.fr antoine.monmayrant+scilab at laas.fr
Tue Dec 1 11:23:09 CET 2015

 From the release notes:

" • A new profiler and coverage tool has been added. It replaces the
"profile" function (which is still there but not working, and will be
removed in the final release). It produces HTML report for the time
spent (profile) on each line. It is not documented yet; the names of the
functions are not finalized, but feedback is welcome on the usability."

OK, let me rephrase that: we have introduced a new profiler, it does not
appear in the documentation and we won't give you the name of the
functions but please give use some feedback on the usability.
Here is my feedback on the usability: "none" as I don't know which
function to try and play with ;-)
Idem for the "lint-like" code analyser.
Could you provide us with the names of these new functions?

Cheers,

Antoine

Le 12/01/2015 11:12 AM, François Granade a écrit :

> Dear Scilab users,
>
> We're happy to announce the recent release of the second alpha of
> Scilab 6.0.0, the next major release of Scilab.
>
> As an alpha, it is not yet ready for production usage. If you are new
> to Scilab, or only a casual user, you should probably continue using
> the 5.5.2 release, and wait for a beta version before trying the 6 family.
>
> However, if you maintain tools developed on Scilab, or rely on Scilab
> for your own developments, it is the right moment to look at it, in
> particular to evaluate the upgrade of toolboxes you have developed.
>
> Please see the release notes
> <http://www.scilab.org/community/news/20151113> for details and
> download information. Also, please provide feedback via the mailing
> lists, and report bugs on the bug tracker
> <http://bugzilla.scilab.org>. Thank you!
>
> François Granade
> francois.granade at scilab-enterprises.com
> +33(0)1 80 77 04 60