[Scilab-Dev] lib() unavailable on YaSp?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Jul 15 14:00:43 CEST 2015

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for your fast answer:

Le 15/07/2015 13:24, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :

> It seems that you try to open a lib file build with Scilab 5 ( 24th
> first bytes with lot of 0x28 "(" )
> use genlib("libname", "sci_files_path") to build lib and bin files to
> Scilab 6
> And call lib("your_path")
>
> Scilab 6, no more create "names" file.
> New "lib" file ( xml format, it is readable ) contains all needed
> information.
.
It works! So, this means that *all* ATOMS modules and modules on the
forge or other
contribs will have to be recompiled for Scilab 6, *even those that have
only macros*.
This is a big change, that in my opinion could deserve being announced
quite early and officially on
users@ and dev@, unless S/E gets the charge to generate a new version of
each ATOMS module for Scilab 6.
When save() was changed to work with HDF5, former calling sequences were
warnobsoleted a long time ago.

It could be worthwhile to do the same with lib() in Scilab 6, supporting
the former processing and
lib and names files format, but then warnobsoleting the user to
recompile the library.

Thanks a lot for the hint.

> I am not sure I understand the link between gateway.xml and macros
.
I was pointing SCI\modules\functions\sci_gateway\functions_gateway.xml,
out of which lib has been moved.

Samuel