[Scilab-Dev] Input requested on a few behaviors for Scilab 6...

antoine.monmayrant+scilab at laas.fr antoine.monmayrant+scilab at laas.fr
Fri Oct 2 09:52:50 CEST 2015

Le 10/02/2015 09:30 AM, Nicolas FEZANS a écrit :
> I think the first thing to consider is that the sign of the step
> always need to match the sign of the difference end-start. If not that
> is clearly an error. %inf and %nan are also errors when talking about
> such ranges
Hi all,

I don't really agree with this.
I find it quite natural for [x_start:x_step:x_stop] to be an empty
matrix [] when sign(x_stop-x_start)~=sign(x_step).
I don't see why an error should be thrown, returning an empty matrix is
fine I think.

Antoine