[Scilab-Dev] Raw performance or good backtraces for Scilab 6.0.0 ?

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Dec 23 14:10:16 CET 2016

Hello Scilab developers,

On Linux, I discovered (or re-discovered) that it is really hard to get a precise stacktrace on
Scilab 6 using the default build configuration '-02 -g' due to the nice C++ compiler tricks. I tried
to get a nicer one using -fno-omit-frame-pointer and got a complete one with the following benchmark
differences (not precise enough but still some variation). What do you think about enabling it by
default [1] ?

[1]: https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/18815/

Thanks,

PS: some screenshot of the Linux `perf report` utility for for_increment.tst

--
Clément