[Scilab-Dev] Improvement sugested

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 01:03:05 CET 2016

Hello,

Le 18/06/2013 21:45, Jojolebestof a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> First, Good job for Scilab/Xcos/Modelica...
>
> I would like to sugest several improvements:
>   - A system of Scilab auto-update (5.4.0 to 5.4.1 to ... but not 5.5.0)
>     Why? for the user experience more easy and better
>   - I do not understand why several good module are not directly include in
> Scilab.
>     Like CelestLab or Coselica
>     Why? When someone try for the first time Scilab (to see if he can replace
> Matlab by it) he can forget ATOMS. Please...

Are you saying that equivalent modules of CelestLab or Coselica are
included in Matlab as core modules?
I do not think so. You might rather tell to your Scilab administrator
the same things that to your Matlab one:
choose the modules relevant to you -- Matlab and Scilab ones --, and get
them installed.
The difference is that with Matlab /all/ modules that you have payed for
are installed,
while with Scilab most of modules that you do not have to pay for
because they are free are installable ;)

Regards
S. Gougeon