[Scilab-Dev] Regarding tooltps in uitable

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Jun 5 10:02:39 CEST 2016

Hello,

Le 05/06/2016 09:31, Rishubh Jain a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Thank You for your inputs.
> 1) I have updated my code and now I accept both types of input.
> ut.tooltipstring = ["a","","c","d"]
>  and
> ut.tooltipstring = "[a,b,c,d]"
>
>    The first one if the user want to input variables(string type) and
> also as Samuel suggested one can input only few non-empty strings
>  TT=emptystr(.string); TT([pos1 pos2 pos3..]) = ["tt1 "tt2" "tt3"...];
>     The second one if the user wants to just input strings(no
> variables) but dont want to input so many "" (This is my opinion)
.
I am afraid i don't understand your point at all.
If you use
ut.tooltipstring = ["a","","c","d"]  // to input variables(string type)
(i guess named "a", "c", "d"),
then how will it be possible to input the literal strings ["a","","c","d"] ?
Moreover, if i want to set just one component tooltipstring(2,4) =
"[a,b,c,d]"   with "[a,b,c,d]" being a single literal string, how should
i do?
IMO, interpreting symbols as variables should really be abandoned. BTW,
what would be the interest wrt to = [a,b,c,d], a, b,c,d being some
variables containing a single string?

> 2) Q: Could you confirm that your implementation for the case 2)
> updates .tooltipstring when .string is modified?
>      A: Yes, it does :)
Great.

> 3) If possible I wanted to know what exactly the flag I should use, I
> want to use a flag instead of passing the whole data because of the
> reason I described. So if you think its better to use flag then I
> would like to know which flag I should use.
.
A flag is needed mainly because this is the only way to tell/trigger
that the automatic mapping .string => .tooltipstring must occur.
The literal single string "values" looks convenient to me. We will never
build a table with only one cell. It is meaningless. So there won't be
any ambiguity.

Thanks

Samuel