[Scilab-Dev] Graphics: curve edition: identifying the curve with set()/gce() ?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Mar 11 23:42:23 CET 2016

Hello Scilab Team,

Curve edition is a quite new feature: clicking on a curve allows to
select it before either interactively editing its points (move, delete,
insert), or moving the whole curve.
But from outside,

  * is it possible to know which curve is currently/has been lastly
    interactively selected?
  * is there a way with a Scilab instruction to set the curve we want to
    edit data?

For moving it, ged(..) can be used: OK
For turning on data edition, the internal private useeditor(nFig,%t) can
be used: OK
But how is it possible to set or identify the edited object, instead of
priorly clicking on it?

I have checked that there is no relationship between the current object
as returned
by gce() or set by set("hdl",handle) and the current object as
clicked-on before data edition.
So, how to process?
Why not using set("hdl",handle) to preset the curve to edit, and using
gce() to identify
the last curve edited?

Looking forward to read you,

Regards