[Scilab-Dev] AMPL toolbox

Pierre Vuillemin contact at pierre-vuillemin.fr
Mon Apr 3 09:44:02 CEST 2017

While it is not internal (and not necessarily decent at this point ^^),
I am developing a toolbox for optimization [1] in Scilab. Its aim is
firstly to provide a convenient way to formulate optimization problems.

It is currently very limited (mainly dense linear optimization problems
[2] + some quadratic problems) and paused due to some porting issue with
Scilab 6...but still, it may be usable at some point in the future :).

Regards,

Pierre

Le 03.04.2017 09:30, Clément David a écrit :

> Hi Stéphane,
>
> Le lundi 03 avril 2017 à 08:53 +0200, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>
>> BTW are there plans to port a *decent* and internal optimization package ?
>
> Why not but what do you mean by *decent* ? using an external solver ?
>
> IMHO Optimization is a wide topic where there is a lot of different
> solvers available. The current
> Scilab implementation might not be sufficient for all needs but cover
> some of the common use-cases.
>
> --
> Clément

Links: