[Scilab-Dev] Scilab 6.0 // Implementation of user-defined types

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Feb 21 16:58:44 CET 2017

Hi Dirk,

> is there (apart from source code of Scilab itself) any
> documentation/tutorial/example available, which provides
> a good starting point on how to implement user-defined types
> in the new Scilab 6.0?

Nice question, we currently only have internal code using it even if the code contains some
documentation. You can find example in the Scilab code :

 * on Xcos adapters, see modules/scicos/src/cpp/view_scilab/BaseAdapter.hxx and other file on this
   directory.
    written by me (and Paul) without previous knowledge

 * on MPI Communicators, see modules/mpi/includes/sciMpiComm.hxx
    written by Cédric who also implemented part of the visitor_common.cpp (the interpreter)

As you will have access to all the inner implementation details of Scilab 6, you will probably
experience some crashes while developing and suffer on reference-counting issues but you will be
free to implement whatever you want !

Do not hesitate to share your experience or ask questions.

Thanks,

--
Clément