[Scilab-Dev] Contributing to scilab

nikhil goel nikhilgoel199797 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 08:42:33 CET 2017

Sir/ Ma'am

I am Nikhil Goel, a second year engineering student from BITS Pilani,
India. I am currently an amateur coder and would like to contribute in
Scilab to learn more about software development practices.

I had sent a mail two weeks ago but I wasn't subscribed to the dev mailing
list.
Within this period I have developed a deeper understanding of work flow and
the code of scilab.

After becoming familiar with the compilation of the software solved a bug
that was reported on bugzilla.scilab.org. but I havent submitted the patch
yet as I am unclear on the process. Pointers/ suggestions on what to solve
would be greatly appreciated.
As I get more comfortable with the tech stack, I would like to further
contribute more substantially.

Thanking you in anticipation
Regards
Nikhil Goel