[Scilab-Dev] 6.0 branched from master

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Jan 31 14:53:05 CET 2017

Hi Samuel,

> > Do not hesitate to ping us if you already have some bugfix commit in review on master and want
> > them
> > to be applied on the 6.0 branch.
>
> So, after 10 years of YaSP and (6.0) master activity, this is somewhat the true birth date of
> Scilab 6.0 :)
>
> These new indications are somewhat breaking guidelines described on the wiki:
> https://wiki.scilab.org/How%20to%20contribute%20to%20Scilab
> If these news are not transient just for 6.0, the wiki could be updated to not mislead anyone.

Regular developments should still be done on the master branch. I just wanted to inform that commits
merged on master branch will not be present on the upcoming 6.0.x releases. IMHO the wiki
instructions are still applicable for new features and Scilab improvements.

> By the way, Antoine just answered to some of my questions on the CodeReview: AFAIU, commits pushed
> on the master must be abandoned after being copied to the 6.0 branch.

Yep the 6.0 branch will be merged back to the master branch regularly and change-set should not be
duplicated.

> Finally,
> > Do not hesitate to ping us if you already have some bugfix commit in review on master and want
> > them
> > to be applied on the 6.0 branch.
>   Doesn't the CodeReview +1 flag just mean this? I believed it does.

Yes it does for commit to be merged *in the master branch*.
For already pushed commits that are currently in master but expected to be part of 6.0.0, you should
ask the team or re-push on refs/for/6.0 by yourself.

Note: we will probably not accept re-factoring nor new features on the 6.0 branch (only bug
correction and regression fixes).

Thanks,

--
Clément