[Scilab-Dev] GSoC'17 idea list update, we need mentors !

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Mar 8 10:25:27 CET 2017

Dear Scilab devs,

FYI I edited the GSoC project proposal list [1] for GSoC'17 to clarify its meaning. It should now
simply refers to the Ideas of development for Scilab and provide a simple way to emphasize subjects
with mentor and IMHO having proposal not listed is also OK for a good student.

If you miss a subject on this list, please add it and I will invite you to become a mentor for
GSoC'17. As in the previous years, expect to have co-mentoring (one official mentor and one fallback
mentor) for all selected proposals to reduce pressure on being a mentor.

Please join us and become a mentor ! This is a great way to discover San Francisco, Google
Headquarters and other OSS at the Mentor Summit (new mentors will be prioritary).

Thanks,

[1]: https://wiki.scilab.org/GSoC_project_proposal
[2]: https://wiki.scilab.org/Ideas%20of%20development%20for%20Scilab
[3]: https://wiki.scilab.org/SummerOfCode2016