[Scilab-Dev] Trying to update help_from_sci

Pierre Vuillemin contact at pierre-vuillemin.fr
Wed May 10 15:01:11 CEST 2017

Thanks for the answers and the hints, I have finally managed to do what
I wanted using xmltojar and add_help_chapter.

The xml file generated with help_from_sci seems to have some quirk, is
there a reference page concerning the xml that should be produced? The
main reference I have found is this page [1] but I don't know if it is
still up to date.

Besides, I am thinking about extending the features of the routine so
that is supports some flavour of markdown (or similar stuff like
Matlab's publishing features [2]).
Has there already been some reflection in that direction?

Regards,

Pierre

Le 10.05.2017 12:33, sgougeon at free.fr a écrit :

> Hello,
>
>> De: "Clément David"
>>
>> Hello Pierre,
>>
>> Currently the easiest way is to put the resulting xml file as an exemple of an empty toolbox and
>> build/load this toolbox to check for the rendering.
>>
>> HTML files can also be used as an easy content to check using a standard web browser (eg. without
>>
>> AFAIK Samuel usually commit updated help files using the pdf format produced by xmltopdf(). As this
>> PDF backend is not the main one, I tend to prefer the HTML ones but PDF might be a good alternative.
>
> AFAIRemember, xmltopdf() has some issue, so i use now PDF Creator
> applied the HTML.
> To illustrate the whole page setting and rendering, PDF does not need
> to be zipped,
> whereas HTML needs it to include css dependencies etc.
>
> Anyway, the rendering of the HTML (zipped in the .jar) through the
> Scilab helpbrowser
> is limited wrt the true HTML as it appears in web browsers: Many
> attributes or style
> values are well built but are not rendered... But this is another thread.
>
> Regards
> Samuel

Links:
------