[Scilab-Dev] Problem in wrapping classes for Scilab using SWIG

Aashay Singhal aashay225 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 10:48:48 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I was trying to run this
<http://www.swig.org/Doc3.0/Scilab.html#Scilab_wrapping_cpp_classes>
example. I wrote the exact code as given in the example and changed the
module name to 'classes'. But I wasn't able to load the shared library in
scilab. The commands I ran were:

$ swig -scilab -c++ classes.i
$ g++ -fPIC -c -I/usr/local/include/scilab  classes_wrap.cxx
$ g++ -shared classes_wrap.o -o libclasses.so

The error shown in scilab was the following :
https://codepaste.net/o1ziok
Also, among the examples that are already given with SWIG, 5 of them are
giving same error. I am not sure if this a problem on Scilab side or SWIG
side.

It would be great if someone can help me with this.

Thanks
Aashay