[Scilab-Dev] intppty() <= Re: BLAS use in Scilab

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed May 30 21:18:54 CEST 2018

Le 22/02/2018 à 14:18, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
> Really, nobody knows ?
>
> S.
>
> Le 20/02/2018 à 11:57, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Continuing on this subject, Hello, I discovered that the new Scilab
>> API allows to modify input parameters of a function (in-place
>> assignment), e.g. I have modified the previous daxpy such that the
>> expression
>>
>> daxpy(2,X,Y)
>>
>> has no output but formally does "Y+=2*X" if such an operator would
>> exist in Scilab. In this case there is no matrix copy at all, hence
>> no memory overhead.
>>
>> Was it possible to do this with the previous API ?

On this topic: the strange builtin function intppty() has been continued
in Scilab 6:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.1/en_US/intppty.html
Unfortunately, the page has no example. And some words look not up-to-date:

/Warning: declaring that the interface with number////|fun|////can../.

Actually, fun is no longer the numerical id of the gateway, but its
literal name.

What's hard to understand for me is that intppty() applies to all
functions of a gateway, not one by one.
By the way, the requirement to make a gateway or a builtin function
"switchable" is unclear.
When testing intppty() with an arbitrary gateway name that matches none
of Scilab ones,
it does not complain.

Some benchmarks would be welcome to illustrate the actual action of this
function.

Best regards
Samuel