[Scilab-Dev] datatip contextual menu to copy [x,y]

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Oct 13 13:59:24 CEST 2018

Le 13/10/2018 à 13:28, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
> .../...
>
>   * Out of the datatip mode (which requires a first click to activate
>     it), in the general interactive editor : left-clicking on an
>     anchor selects the whole curve instead of only the datatip. Then
>     right-clicking opens the contextual menu, with actions for the
>     axes or the curve:
>
>     It would be interesting to resolve the clicked object: if the
>     click position is around an anchor, then in the contextual menu
>     the "copy to clipboard" action could be about the only datatip
>     (its coordinates)
>     (By the way, in the existing menu, the difference between "Copy"
>     and "Copy to clipboard" looks unclear to me).

About this last point: The issue that makes things rather puzzling is
that, presently, the contextual menu mixes items related to different
objects: Axes, and curves, ...

  * The default object when entering the editor is the current axes. OK
    (but the figure's level is not reachable).
  * After selecting a curve, the menu opened when right-clicking is
    the/Axes contextual menu + newly activated items/, instead of being
    dedicated only to actions /on curves/. Then, it's unclear on what
    some "general actions" like copy, delete, clear... are done: the
    axes, the curve, (then the datatip ?) ...
  * For datatips, imho  it would be more handy to resolve the left
    selecting click without having to activate the datatipManagerMode,
    and then display a contextual menu with actions only on the selected
    datatip, like copying its coordinates.

Regards
Samuel