[Scilab-Dev] list as output in function call

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Apr 23 22:50:24 CEST 2019

Hello,

Le 23/04/2019 à 22:28, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
> Hello Stéphane,
>
> Just to be sure, you want that we fill the X-list with all outputs of
> ngdrid.
> Following witch information, size(X) or size(outputs) ?
> In your cas I suppose that the size is the same.
> What append if X is not a list or does not have the good size ?
>
> Some functions that returns multiple arguments, "look" how many as
> expected by caller
> a = size(x) vs [a,b] = size(x) for example.
> Does we must provide size(X) to ngrid ?

I am not sure that this would be enough.
This topic is discussed in the report http://bugzilla.scilab.org/14372
and its comments

> Just a question, specific to ndgrid, why do not update the function to
> return a list in case of nargout == 1 ?

You likely mean as a unique explicit argout, instead of the varargout
"implicit" list.
Wrapping the result in a list would break a lot of code, and would make
addressing the results more complicated for most frequent cases.

Regards
Samuel