[Scilab-Dev] empty sparse: sparse([]) vs sparse([],[],[0 0])

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Tue Jan 22 16:34:52 CET 2019

> Hello Stéphane,
>
> Le 17/01/2019 à 08:37, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>> Hello Samuel,
>>
>> I have initially voted for this behavior (sparse([]) == (  0, 0) zero
>> sparse matrix ) but your remark on numerous occurences of
>> "sparse([])" in scilab prevented to do so.
>
> Why? My remark aimed to bring the attention to existing occurrences
> and to prevent merging the commit without updating them, not to
> prevent updating them.
> Then these occurrences changed your opinion and vote, not mine.
>
> Best regards
> Samuel

Please see comment #8:

Anyway, *as bug #15758 is not related to sparse([]) being not sparse*,
and considered the numerous side effects, I will restore sparse([]) ==
double empty matrix. *If you find necessary to have sparse([]) == sparse
empty matrix, please file a bug/whish on BZ.*

S.

>> Please see
>> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/codereview.scilab.org/#/c/20492/
>> and the discussion starting at Patch Set 8.
>>
>> S.

Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche
CS 60319, 60203 Compiègne cedex