[Scilab-Dev] bug or feature

antoine monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Mar 22 14:12:56 CET 2019

Le 22/03/2019 à 11:10, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> Do you think that the following behavior is a bug or a feature:
>
> --> x=1
>  x  =
>
>    1.
>

> --> x([])=[1,2,3]
>  x  =
>
>    1.
>
> ?

Hello everyone,

For me, it kind of makes sense not to change anything to X when
assigning a value to X(range) with range an empty matrix (the assignment
concerns an empty subset of X).
But I don't know whether this is coherent with other features (or bugs!)
of Scilab.
For comparison, I tried this under octave and julia and they both raise
an error.
More specifically, octave complains about the size mismatch between the
lhs  (0x1) and rhs (1x3).

Antoine