[Scilab-Dev] Compiling Scilab for macOS

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Mon Apr 20 14:58:52 CEST 2020

Hello,

Le 19/04/2020 à 13:09, Chin Luh Tan a écrit :
> As I had start with brew, so I just tried to cont using the brew
> before I switch to fink if no success, and in fact, I get the similar
> error:
>

> [javac]
> /Users/kennethkoh/scilab-6.1/scilab/modules/graphic_objects/src/java/org/scilab/modules/graphic_objects/xmlloader/CSSParser.java:17:
> error: package javax.annotation does not exist
>
> [javac] @javax.annotation.Generated("JFlex")
>
> [javac]^
>
> [javac]
> /Users/kennethkoh/scilab-6.1/scilab/modules/graphic_objects/src/java/org/scilab/modules/graphic_objects/CallGraphicController.java:68:
> warning: [deprecation] Double(double) in Double has been deprecated

> [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>
> [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>
> [javac] 1 error
>
> [javac] 12 warnings
>
> ^
>
> Do correct me If I did anything wrong, my steps to reach here:
>
> 1. git scilab master
> 2. svn checkout pre-requisite as describe in
> https://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling%20Scilab%20under%20MacOSX#preview
> <https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/wiki.scilab.org/Compiling%20Scilab%20under%20MacOSX#preview>
> 3. patch change #21438
> 4. manual install ant:
>
> Java Configuration:
>
> JAVA_HOME ........... =
>
> JAVAC ............... =
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javac
>
> JAVA_CLASSPATH ...... =
>
> JAVA_VERSION ........ = 1.8
>
> JAVAC_FLAGS ......... = -g
>
> JAVA_JNI_INCLUDE .... =
> -I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/include
> -I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/include/darwin
>
> JAVA_JNI_LIBS ....... = -framework JavaVM
>
> JAVA_JNI_LIBS_PRELOAD =
>
> JAVA ................ =
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
>
> JAVADOC ............. =
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javadoc
>
> JAR ................. =
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jar
>
> ANT ................. =
> /Users/kennethkoh/Downloads/apache-ant-1.10.7/bin/ant
>

> 5. Get the jogl2.4 from rc. I am not sure this step is correct, but i
> just download 3 xz files, unzip them, and copy jogl-all.jar and
> glugen-rt.jar and replace in scilab thirdparty folder jogl2.jar and
> glugen2-rt.jar.

You also need to replace the following files in lib/thirdparty

libgluegen2-rt.jnilib
libjogl_desktop.jnilib
libnativewindow_macosx.jnilib
libjogl_cg.jnilib
libnativewindow_awt.jnilib
libnewt.jnilib

by the corresponding *.dylib which are in
jogamp-all-patforms/lib/macosx-universal

S.

--
Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche