[Scilab-Dev] Compiling Scilab for macOS

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Tue Apr 21 08:42:37 CEST 2020

Hi,

Good to hear about your progress Chin Luh, and thanks for your help Stephane!

I’m trying with gcc-9 for everything but modules/console, which needs clang as Stephane pointed out. That is quite annoying and I hope that Apple fixes the issue in their Catalina SDK:s at some point.

The next error I got was when compiling matio, even though it was turned off using –without-matio. The archiver ar complains that it cannot find the binary (which is correct, as it wasn’t compiled). I had to remove matio from the makefile in modules to get past this. Did you see this too?

Except from that, everything compiles and runs without graphics. So that is a step forward!

Cheers,
Arvid