[Scilab-Dev] Scilab 6.1.0 is available!

Sylvain Corlay sylvain.corlay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:49:46 CET 2020

Congratulations on the release.

I am the author of the conda package for scilab, and unfortunately, it does
not seem that 6.1.0 can be successfully packaged for conda-forge with the
new requirement for the* <filesystem>* C++17 header, which requires *GCC 8*.

Conda-forge is still based on GCC 7, which is fairly recent, with C++17
enabled by default. Would you consider not using the <filesystem> from the
C++17 standard so that Scilab can be made available to a wider audience?

Another blocker to the packaging of Scilab is the outdated version of java
that is required by the GUI. Is there any plan to support a more recent
version of OpenJDK?

Best,

Sylvain Corlay