[Scilab-Dev] Setting up MS Visual studio Community to compile Scilab

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Jul 27 02:46:45 CEST 2020

Hello Chin Luh,

Le 27/07/2020 à 02:14, Chin Luh Tan a écrit :
> Hi Samuel,
>
> My previous successful installation was ver 2017 (I just switch to SSD
> and have not tried to compile Scilab under windows), but base on what
> I always did, I will just choose C++ and unselect all other docs, C#
> ......this should save a lot of space.
>
> As for 2019, I just had a look on the installation page, I will tried
> to use the Desktop dev with C++ default setting + C++/CLI support as
> a start if I were to try.

Yes, it is what i did as well, for roughly 2.5 GB download and 8.5 GB
installed. Now, what i understand is that Community 2019 does not embed
Windows 8.1 SDK that is currently the version targeted by the Scilab
solution. I retargeted the solution for windows 10, but i get then many
errors with include file.h that are not found, although they are
actually at the printed path. I was not able to find an URL to get this
SDK and instal it in community.

Thanks
Samuel