Error: can't read debugstate: no such variable

Perry Hargrave perry.hargrave at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:03:45 CEST 2008

i've x86 (core duo) with arch linux.

i've just built scilab-se-build-4_21422 (a build of 4.1.2 wouldn't work
at all) with these options:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-gfortran --with-tk --with-pvm
--without-ocaml --without-java --with-gtk2

It compiles with no errors. and runs the command window and all demos
I've seen OK.

When I try to enter the scipad i get this error (when scipad is started
the first time) in the command window:

shared archive loaded
Link done
 !--error 999
TCL_EvalStr, tab stop "-34.38852765205531" is not at a positive distance
at line 1
at line      73 of function scipad called by :
scipad();(1)
while executing a callback

and the editor doesnt start at all. usually it will start the second
time I try.

Once it starts I keep getting and error about 'debugstate' not being
defined, and this renders SciPad useless (everytime I click in the text
field to edit the error occurs).

some googling turned up this:
http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/scilab/modules/scipad/tcl/db_states.tcl?view=markup&pathrev=18170

but I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Any suggestions?

thanks.