[scilab-Users] Installation of Scilab 5 beta 1

Allan CORNET allan.cornet at inria.fr
Wed Apr 30 09:29:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

Scilab's installation requires super-user rights for three main reasons :

1] installer adds a registry entry to identify Scilab by others
applications.

http://wiki.scilab.org/To_find_where_Scilab_is_installed_%28Windows%29

2] installer adds registry entries for files associations with Scilab 5.

3] to install vc-redistributable 2008 (if it is required)

You can copy and paste scilab-5 directory to another machine without
privilege.
But your scilab will not have file associations,
and it will not to be detected by external applications.

Thanks you to use scilab :)

Allan CORNET