plotting two y-axes, lines and bars in one plot

Simon simon.elfert at web.de
Thu Aug 28 12:31:19 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I would like to do some plotting with scilab. The aim is as follows:

- one plot with two different y-axes
- the left y-axis shall be used for some lines (timeseries)
- the right y-axis shall be used for a timeseries plotted as bars

In matlab this should be possible with plotyy(), but there seems to be a
possibility in scilab as well using drawaxis. Unfortunately I was not
able yet to implement it.

Do you know, how I can plot both - lines and bars - in one plot and
differentiate the y-axes? (by the way... the right y-axis has to scaled
reversely topdown, but one step after the oter...)

Thank you, kind regards
Simon Elfert

ps - do you know a good and broad plotting tutorial for scilab?