Graphic images

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Sat Dec 13 18:00:30 CET 2008

I have tried to make image files of graphic windows in
Scilab 4.1.2 (Win XP).

-->xs2gif(0, filename+".gif")

works (creates a GIF-file of figure 0), but the y_label is
wrong: The text line but not each letter is rotated -270
degrees. Apart from this everything is OK.

-->xs2ps(0, filename+".ps")

also works, but I cannot open the PS-file in my PostScript
program GSview (lots of errors). I understand that I have to
do something more with the file but have not been able to
manage it...

If (from the graphic window menu) I choose

1. File - Export - Export type: Postscript

I can open the resulting EPS-file in GSview but the
proportions of the axes are changed and the y_label is
partly outside the "paper".

2. File - Copy to clipboard - Bitmap

and paste it in a GIMP image of the same size, the
positions of all labels and tick_labels are wrong (and the
image therefore useless)!

All this worked in Matlab. There it was also possible to set
the 'PaperPosition' of the figure. Is there anything like it
in Scilab?

I would be very happy if anyone could tell me how to manage
this!

Regards
Stefan