[scilab-Users] Graphic images

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Sun Dec 14 21:52:02 CET 2008

On 2008-12-13 18:23, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
--------------------
> Le samedi 13 décembre 2008 à 18:20 +0100, Stefan Du Rietz a écrit:
>> On 2008-12-13 18:10, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>> --------------------
>>> Did you try with Scilab 5 ?
>>>
>>> Sylvestre
>>>

>> No, I cannot use it, there is something with my graphic card
>> (ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP), which worked with everything
>> else until I tried to update the drivers, so I had to cancel
>> the update...
> OK, maybe you will be interested by:
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Graphical_issues_with_Scilab_5.0
>
> I was asking about the version 5 because the graphic export completely
> changed in this version.

Thank you for the link, which I read.

I tried again to update my graphic card drivers - much
trouble and limited success and it takes a lot of time...

I installed Scilab 5.0.3, but when I run it (it introduces
itself as 5.0.2!) it takes three minutes to create
a figure the first time and all my other applications slow
down as well.

And the figure is worse from the beginning than in Scilab
4.1.2: it is upside down, dots and lines don't fit (even
worse than after making a GIF from Scilab 4.1.2!) although
the dots are at least round.

So, if the figure is worse from the beginning in Scilab 5,
it does not matter if the export is better.

/Stefan