[scilab-Users] Scilab 5 on Solaris

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Jul 9 00:00:55 CEST 2008

Hello Jonathan,

Funny coincidence, I just tried this afternoon to build Scilab 5 under
Solaris X86.
All the code compiles fine under Solaris with the Sun compiler. I only
had to make a small change to link correctly with the fortran lib  (I
will try to send it to you tomorrow) and add a path in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to use the Sun performance library for numerical
computing.

After that, I haven't tested Scilab deeply under Solaris. You may find
many bugs. And we won't released an official version of Scilab 5.0 for
Solaris. Maybe 5.1.

Sylvestre