[scilab-Users] heatmap / Matplot

Joshua Auerbach joshua.auerbach at uvm.edu
Mon Jun 9 21:13:31 CEST 2008

What I have found with plotframe as with using the rect argument of
Matplot is that it gives me axises  with the bounds I give it, but still
is using the matrix indices for the coordinates.  For example my real
bounds are xmin = -5 xmax = 5, ymin = 0 and ymax = 5 which I have data
collected at intervals of 0.1 in both directions, so my matrix has 101
columns and 51 rows, but if I call
 plotframe([-5 0 5 5]);
All I will see is the lower left part of my data.  What I really want is
all the data to show, but instead of the axises showing x go from 1 to
101 and y go from 1 to 51 I want it to show as x going from -5 to 5 and
y going from 0 to 5

I was able to get what I described above using grayplot, but (see my
other responses) that has problems of its own.  Perhaps I will just not
display the axises at all and edit them into the image later, but was
really hoping to be able to do this all in scilab.

Cheers,
Josh