Reading mixed headers

Francis Drossaert Francis.Drossaert at pgs.com
Tue Jun 10 14:12:07 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am brandnew to Scilab, although I have extensive experience in Matlab
it is a bit of struggle in the beginning now. My problem is dat ik have
to read in a mixed ascii file which consists of a line with a header
followed by a two column data, blank line, header, data, etc, etc.
I read the header line into a string using mgetl and the data is read
into a matrix using mfscanf.

The problem is that I need the information in the header which is now in
a string. The string is something like: 'fldr=1 trcf=139 dt=1000' but
much longer. Note that there is no space between the values and the
keywords and that the keywords are seperated by blank space.

I would like to put certain values - for example the value asscociated
with the keyword fldr field (1) - in an integer vector. Any ideas how to
proceed and whether if there is a smart way to do it?

Cheers and thank you,

Francis

This email and any files contained therein is confidential and may contain privileged information.  If you are not the named addressee(s) or you have otherwise received this in error, you should not distribute or copy this e-mail or use any of its content for any purpose. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete it from your system