[scilab-Users] map from a data file

harishankar ramachandran hsr at ee.iitm.ac.in
Wed Jun 11 10:14:38 CEST 2008

Use the "matrix" command:

// to convert gnuplot's splot data file format into a matrix
A=read("matrix-data.txt",-1,3); // or use fscanfMat
m=max(A(:,1)); // number of rows
n=max(A(:,2)); // number of cols

M=matrix(A(:,3),m,n); // Takes a matrix and reshapes it into
// another matrix with the same number of elements, columnwise.
// So if your data is entered row-wise, I guess you have to transpose
// the result

plot3d(1:m,1:n,M);

where the data file I used was:

1 1 0
1 2 1
1 3 2
2 1 1
2 2 2
2 3 3
3 1 2
3 2 3
3 3 4

Regards

hari ramachandran

--
Dr. Hari Ramachandran, Professor, 332B ESB, EE Dept, IIT-Madras
Interests: Nonlinear Optics, Nonlinear Waves, Plasma Physics, Particle
Res: 91-44-2663-1863             Home Email: omkarbharathi at gmail.com