[scilab-Users] Drawing coloured points ...

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Wed Nov 12 13:11:02 CET 2008

On 2008-11-10 14:08, Radu.Stoica at math.univ-lille1.fr wrote:
--------------------
> I would like to ask you a very naive question : how can I draw coloured
> points (symbols) with Scilab ?
>
> I have tried this
>
> plot2d(x,y,style=0,frameflag=4)
> xset("colors",4)

You can get a handle (hl) to the "polyline" through several steps:

-->f = gcf();
Handle of type "Figure" with properties:
(here you can see all Figure properties with actual values)

-->a = f.children
 a  =
Handle of type "Axes" with properties:
======================================
(here you can see all Axes properties with actual values)

-->hl = a.children
 hl  =
Handle of type "Compound" with properties:
parent: Axes
children: "Polyline"
visible = "on"
user_data = []

-->hl = hl.children
 hl  =
Handle of type "Polyline" with properties:
(here you can see all Polyline properties with actual values)

Set the color to red:

-->hl.mark_foreground = 5;

Increase the point size:

-->hl.mark_size = 1;

If you change hl.mark_size_unit from "tabulated" to "points", you can get more sizes.

Regards
Stefan