Some trouble I found in scilab-5.0-rc1

Jacco Kramer jacco.kramer at teb.nl
Wed Sep 3 15:58:46 CEST 2008

Hi, I've occasionally been using scilab 4 for a little while now, and
was pretty psyched to find out there's a new version in the making.
Looking good overall, but I did find some trouble, thought I'd share
them here, I suppose it'll find it's way to the devs.

I'm currently using Scilab on a Windows XP machine. I'll try on Linux
later today when I get home.

- I can't seem to open files on the network. As a matter of fact,
network drives don't show up when I want to open a file in scilab and
navigate to "My Computer", and it can't connect to "My Network
Locations" either.

- The search function in "Help" seems severely broken: searching for
"date" doesn't find the "date" function, the same is true for lots of
other functions.

- Highlighting of wrong characters after searching in "Help": When I
search for a string, it mostly highlights the wrong characters. It
highlights the  right amount of characters, but it seems like it get's
an offset.

That's all for now, I'll send more if I find 'm.

Jacco Kramer