Adding toolboxes

Jacco Kramer jacco.kramer at teb.nl
Tue Sep 16 15:24:31 CEST 2008

I'm currently trying to do some more advanced stuff with scilab than I
did before. In particular, I'm looking at the possibilities offered by
the wavelab and SVIP toolboxes. However, I'm unsure I'm doing things
correctly and can't find the doc that says what is and isn't correct
(I'm sure it's out there somewhere).

Please be patient with me, I'm new to this whole "toolboxes" thing.

So, here's my problems:

I copied the contents of the wavelab toolbox to [scilab
installdir]\contrib. Is this the correct way? I assume it is, as the
toolbox now shows up in a "toolboxes" menu. When clicking it, I get the
message that it loaded (and redefined some functions?). The toolbox
commands don't seem to show up in the help though. Is this not supposed
to happen? There are quite a few .sce files (for each function?), which
when opened have a helpfile like structure at the start... am I supposed
to open these in an editor every time I am uncertain about the function?

The other toolbox (SVIP) doesn't seem to work with scilab 5.0.1 here,
when I try to load it I get :