[scilab-Users] identify ode parameters scilab

Maso Ricci ricci2 at unisi.it
Thu Aug 6 15:34:40 CEST 2009

Dear Jérôme,

thanks for your kind reply, sorry I was a little cryptic: yes I intended
the coefficients in the equation to describe it.
For instance, if I try to solve the simple equation:

dx/dt = -kx

using the ‘ode ‘ function in Scilab, it is possible to solve the
equation for different value of the parameter ‘k’.

What I am trying to do is slightly different. I would like to fit the
differential equation to experimental data in order to evaluate the k
parameter.

Do you have any suggestions ?

I also attached a scilab script to make this more clear

Best regards

Maso

--

Maso Ricci Ph.D.

Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico

Università degli Studi di Siena
Via A. Moro, 2 ­ 53100 Siena
ITALY
Tel: +39 0577 234367